Starts tonight and I'm so excited! For months now, Josh and I have been talking about having a night where we don't watch TV, don't watch a movie, aren't on the computer and that we focus on doing other hobbies like guitar, reading, writing music (josh) or crafts, drawing, reading (me) or playing games with each other.
I always think of that verse Paul wrote, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." I know he's talking about something much holier than doodling on a Tuesday night =) But it's weird how I'd rather draw or create, read a good book, or have a good conversation with my hubby, yet I remain on the couch, watching shows that are not going to make any difference in my life.
Except for the Office and Modern Family. Those shows make a difference in my life every week =)
So, the other night we finally decided to pick a time every week that we would be electronic-free. And I'm really looking forward to it! Maybe it will turn into 3 nights a week.
4 comments:
that is a great idea! and yes, Paul was talking about doodling.
oooh..I like that idea. We might steal it! When we were first married and didn't have TV (just watched movies) we played games alllll the time and it was so fun:) thanks for the inspiration
so i am just catching up on blogs and i love this one! Josh and I have been doing this last year 1 or 2 nights a week and it is hard when we just want to sit and veg but so worth it when we just do other stuff. It makes tv/movie nights more fun too. Good luck!:)
copying your idea.. (tiptoes away)
Post a Comment