Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Hair

I have been wanting to shave my head for the past few weeks. I don't know why. I've had my hair the way it's been for a long time. And I haven't had it short since I was in 3rd grade!! But lately, I've just been really over my long hair.

My friend Danielle sometimes colors and cuts my hair. She does an amazing job and I really wanted her to do my hair this time but driving all the way up to Portland for it was a little much, so, I went to a nice salon here in town for the cut and decided to try and color it myself. This was a nightmare. Here is what I did:

Highlighted (weaved) my hair
My hair always reacts to bleach by turning orange
Tried a violet toner thing to take the orange out....it didn't work
Bought a dark blond color with a violet base to take the orange out....it made my hair YELLOW
Used a dark brown color this morning to cover the yellow. All that work and I pretty much ended up covering it up! Anyway, I'll color it later. For now, I got a cut and I like it.

The longest my hair has ever been and probably ever will be


Look at all that hair!! Crazy!


I know I'm wearing black and I know it might look like it's still really long but she cut at least 5 inches off


I love how straight across the bottom layer is (and I'm not saying all this like, "Whoa, aren't I so cool!?" It's the girl who cut it I'm applauding)



6 comments:

Mathews said...

I REALLY like it!!! I love the bangs too. She did an awesome job!

Faith said...

i LOVE it! I am totally motivated now to do mine. I have been thinking about bangs too..hmm..really, it's so cute on you:) ps. i think we have the same leggings. target?

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I like you girls in bangs. And it's still long...very stylin'.

Love you.
Mom

Rainy said...

Yay Avery Park! Oh...and the hair is nice too, but honestly...can anything look bad on you???

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You look gorgeous!! Your hair color I think looks good!!!

Love,
Christie

Dan and Kharvena said...

Looks great!! I love reading your blog. You are too funny. :>