Last week I had an eye appointment at good ol' Costco. We just got a Costco membership and feel pretty cool about it. I think it's the first time I've had a membership anywhere.
In the eye exam room was a full-length mirror and the optometrist, a 35-40 year-old woman kept checking herself out in it! And not like, glancing at herself every once in a while but full-out asking me questions about my contacts while watching herself do it in the mirror, "And how often do you sleep in your contacts?" Chin tucked, head titled a little, a subtle, flirty smirk at herself after asking the question. I was like, "What? Did she just
flirt with herself in the mirror?"
Has anyone else ever noticed people who do this?

I've been at restaurants with people, coffee shops, whatever, where there's a mirror behind me and a certain personality type really likes to stare at themselves with no inhibitions. I have to admit, when there's a mirror right in my vision line, yeah, I glance at myself every couple minutes but fully engaging in conversation with another while staring at yourself through it all? Haha. Funny times.
6 comments:
Maybe it was a hidden camera joke like Jack Vale! this is hilarious. I know two people that do this but I can't say who in case they look at your blog, but you know both of them!
I think Peyty would do this too, but she'd break out in song!
"Did she just flirt with herself?" Ha!
I love catching people do this.. when I first met my husband we were still in high school and I always noticed when he would walk by anything that gave off his reflection he would take a few glances at himself.. then when I started going to family functions I realized all the guys in the family did it! Don't get me wrong - they are all good lookin' men .. and BOY do they know it! haha..
Love the blog!!!
http://chelsimarzullo.blogspot.com/
I laughed out loud when reading this post! I can totally see you mimicking (mocking) what this woman was doing :)
you hit the nail on the head liz. i struggle with this a lot, but more so with window reflection. what can i say? i mean you've seen me...
this blog post is hilarious. i miss you so much. reading it just makes me feel like you're right here. quick - do barbara walters...pleeeeeease...
Post a Comment