
Months later, I thought it would be fine and he could start wearing it again. Not so. Even though I wasn't experiencing morning sickness, I could not handle the smell. And it's a good smell.
Well, that was at least a year ago. This morning he was saying something about it and I was like, "Yeah! Wear it! I won't be sensitive to it anymore." Moments later, I'm sitting on the couch and all the sudden a flood of memories from being pregnant, sitting at my desk at the seminary, wanting to puke, coffee and staples and paper and fluorescent lights came back. Josh was also working at Starbucks when I was pregnant and a couple times he brought me those NASTOID Vivano drinks to work. We both thought they would be a good option for my morning sickness. They weren't. I'm not joking, even when I would look at an advertisement for those drinks, I would dry heave. So, when he walked through the room this morning, just one sniff instantly transported me back in time. Isn't it amazing how scents can do that?

So, I'm sorry babe. We're going to have to get rid of that cologne. Even now, I can smell it in the apartment and I want to puke. (And NO, I'm not pregnant)
To any of you past or present pregos, I'd love to hear what made/makes you sick during your morning sickness period.
5 comments:
Wet food in the sink always got me. Brushing my teeth made me gag big time.
I am newly pregnant and I have not had trouble with smells, but chocolate makes me sick. I really am disappointed because I love chocolate.
haha! wow.. i love vivano's!! so i've never been pregnant but whenever i walk by a guy with a certain ex-boyfriend's cologne I throw up a little.
I just jumped over here from Melissa's blog. Funny post (whole blog is fun, but I especially got a kick out of this topic). For me, it's the combination of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and carrots. It is what I was eating when I was 12 weeks pregnant, VERY sick and at Disneyland. I threw up in every bathroom in the magic kingdom. It's been 6 years and that combo takes me back -- miserable!
Oh man--lots of prego "all-day/all-night" sickness (The only people who call it morning sickness never had it) stories:
1) My Mom got nauseated from making peanut butter cookies. Must have been pregnant with me---cuz I hate peanut butter.
2) Diesel fuel. Get me away from Tri-met buses--even now!
3) A particualr praise music CD. Had it on all the time in the 1st trimester. Played it again when Elisa was 6 months old. Couldn't figure out why I was suddenly nauseated. Oh yeah, the beauty of subliminal messages.
4) Any combination of ER patients and alcohol. Which means, when you work night shift, it's every patient that comes in....
Yeah, forget the cologne---forever!
Post a Comment